Lisa graduated from QUT in 1989 and has worked at various places until she opened her own practice in Narangba in 2003. Since then she has completed the behavioural optometry post graduate course through UNSW, graduated from AICD and completed her graduate diploma of ocular therapeutics.
She is a member of ACBO, CCLSA and ProVision, becoming Qld Director with ProVision 2007. She has been to Timor in 2010, 2014 and Vanuatu in 2013 and has been a part of the National Committee of OGS since 2011.
Lisa continues to study and train to expand her areas of expertise:
- Children’s Vision also known as Behavioural Optometry
- Therapeutics – removing foreign bodies and treating eye infections
- CASA Certified – Trained in the special needs of Pilots vision
- Brain injury and vision training
- Coloured lenses to assist in some learning difficulties
Rachel graduated from QUT with a Bachelor of Vision Science and Masters in Optometry. Rachel is a qualified Therapeutic Optometrist, allowing her to prescribe topical medications for a variety of eye diseases including contact lens related infections, uveitis and conjunctivitis.
Her interests include contact lenses including the more difficult cases, as well as myopia management (shortsightedness) in children to young adults. She is a member of the Cornea and Contact Lens Society of Australia.